[simpits-tech] Back!

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:32:28 -0700 (PDT)

> Which also means you'll start seeing more of them on the civilian market
> in the next few years. I've already seen a few. My dad just loves 'em,
> he wants one bad. I certainly wouldn't mind one, either! :) It's too bad
> the air force is upgrading rather than replacing the T-38 - would love
> to get my hands on one of those as well! :)

Sorry Brian, won't happen.  They'll either end up at AMARC or they'll be
broken up.  The USAF won't sell airworthy aircraft into the civilian
market.  If you do get one, the main wing spar will have been cut in half
or some other "de-mil" process will have been applied.  The only way to
get one is from outside the country.

Take this with a grain of salt - the rules may have changed in recent
years.

g.