[simpits-tech] Back!

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:04:31 -0500

Is the tweet a nice flying plane? I get the impression those military
trainers with their more conventional wings are more pleasurable to
fly....nicer handling etc. Incidentally, there is a very well designed CT-114
for X-Plane that flies amazingly well.......light, responsive controls,
plenty of power (well, compared to piston planes). It's really a pleasure to
fly. Not sure if this is representative of the real aircraft but X-Plane does
have a reputation of capturing the overall "feel" of specific aircraft, with
well designed models of course.

I'd like to have something like a T-37, CT-114, etc. Seems like it would be a
fun little plane to joyride around in, and much faster than a "normal"
general aviation piston plane, for going places. Too pricey to afford any
time in the near future though. :( It does puzzle me to some extent, to see
people who buy these fancy new general aviation planes, like the new Pipers,
that cost several hundred thousand dollars, when for similar money or less
they could have a fun hotrod like an ex-military jet or a nice kitbuilt plane
like the RVs. Different needs I guess......I'd just want to fly crazy and
have fun. :)

So exactly what kind of flying did you do?

	-Matt Bailey