[simpits-tech] EPL-code quest

Mark Doran simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:11:10 -0700

Hi Frank:

I don't think that's going to work for Falcon4 and a gear handle that
works mechanically like the one in the F-16.  Logic looks wrong; your
original looked closer actually...presuming the light we are talking
about is the light in the end of the handle that lights only while the
gear is moving.

Can you say more about what you mean when you say it isn't working??  Is
it just the delay length??  You had 300 but you need 150 for 3 seconds.

Also, we may need to see the device structure definition that goes with
the Land_Gear device to figure this out for you.

As a programming style point, I'd recommend including the output bits in
your device structure definitions -- that way you can give them symbolic
names that are more obvious than "(0,1,0b10000000)"

  device(Land_Gear) {
    // connector definition
    // input bits

    // output bits
    output(lamps, 0, 1) {
      oHandle = 0b10000000;
    }
  };

Then you can refer to the light in EPL procedures as:

  Land_Gear.lamps.oHandle = on  // turn on the lamp
  delay(150);  // wait 3 seconds
  Land_Gear.lamps.oHandle = off // turn on the lamp again

...and what's more that means you only have to change code in one place
if you have to move the lamp later to a different output bit...as
opposed to editing every procedure that uses the "(0,1,0b10000000)"
label for this output bit.

Cheers,

Mark.