[simpits-tech] Jetstream Update

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:44:08 +0100 (BST)

I spent a couple of hours at the Jetstream on Saturday trying to better
figure out a way to convert the cockpit into some sort of simulator.

While sat in the pilots seat rubbing my chin, I glanced down and noticed a
big fat folder. opening this up I found to my delight that it was a
Jetsream manual detailing just about every switch, dial and lever to be
found in the cockpit. Further hunting revealed the checklist manual for
pre-flight, landing etc etc and even the 'oh shit' manual with all the
emergency procedures listed!

I mentioned this to 'the boss' who grinned and suggested I accompany him
to the toilet. Now... this is a scenario most of us red blooded males are
kinda wary of, but what the hell - I followed him to the rear of the
plane. He opened up the toilet door and explained that the toilet itself
had been removed to make room for... the entire manual set!  All of the
manuals that were issued with the plane, and its maintenance log -
everything!  I even have the wiring diagrams :)

The words 'pig' 'happy' and 'mud' spring to mind. I sat there for about 30
minutes just browsing. Everything you could possibly want is in there :)

Finally, I had my photo taken for my security pass, was issued with my
funky blue Jetstream overalls and was told I'd have keys to the plane by
tuesday.  Not a bad day!

I also have photo's of the delivery, which was done by the RAF's
'crash'n'smash' crew and I'll post these on the site once I'm done
scanning the damned things in.

Roy.