[simpits-tech] Tragedy and triumph...

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

> So to say that Gene is a happy wee beagle builder might be a little
> "economical" on the truth?  ;-)

Ummm.  Yeah.  You could say that. :D

> >I've got replacement mono VGA displays for them already, so it shouldn't
> >be too long before they're ready to go.  The only downside is the lack of
> >a color CRT that will fit inside the MPCD enclosure.  Can't win 'em all I
> >guess.
>
> So where do you get 7" VGA's  (or 9" for that matter..) at a reasonable
> price?  That's next on the A-4

Well define "reasonable".  I paid $299 each for the 7" mono vga displays
and $350 each for the 5".  9" are usually pretty cheap, often less than
$100 each.

The price may have gone up, but Paul at Desktop Sims may have some 7"
displays left.  I got the 5" displays from Cockpit Simulations.

g.