[simpits-tech] Tragedy and triumph...

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:52:35 -0500

The best you can get is large long and those don't fit me.  I decided
instead of altering them, I should just lose some of my fat ass.  So I
started going to a personal trainer so I could fit into my flight trainer.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org [mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]
On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 12:12 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Cc: e_group@digital-flight.com; hs29fan@yahoo.com;
ewanwhosearmy@ntlworld.com; mcrider996@cox.net
Subject: [simpits-tech] Tragedy and triumph...

I found an organ donor sitting out by her lonesome, baking to death in the
desert.

http://www.f15sim.com/images/donor/organ_donor.jpg

Her body was broken and burned, yet some feeble pulse of life crawled at a
glacial pace among her alloy frame.

"Harvest what is left of me!  Don't let my sacrifice fade into history,
valueless and unremembered!" groaned the once great fighting Eagle.

With a final gasp and a creak of sun tortured metal, death finally came to
claim this once mighty warrior of the sky.  Valhalla would be enriched
this day.

As the vultures began their final circle, organs were carefully removed
and packed for shipment.

The HUD:
http://www.f15sim.com/images/donor/hud.jpg

The MPCD:
http://www.f15sim.com/images/donor/mpcd.jpg

The VSD:
http://www.f15sim.com/images/donor/vsd.jpg

The TEWS:
http://www.f15sim.com/images/donor/tews_crt.jpg

In all, roughly 40 items were recovered.  This will advance the whole
project by over a year.

The MPCD, VSD, HUD and TEWS have CRTs in them that will have to be
replaced.  50Gs does really bad things to glass parts and hot fillaments.
The existing electronics within the HUD, MPCD, VSD and TEWS will be
removed and destroyed.  I have an 8HP wood chipper that should do an
adequate job.

I've got replacement mono VGA displays for them already, so it shouldn't
be too long before they're ready to go.  The only downside is the lack of
a color CRT that will fit inside the MPCD enclosure.  Can't win 'em all I
guess.

I'll be taking pictures of everything this weekend so you guys can see
what it looks like all cleaned up.  If we can, Rob and I will install
everything in the cockpit and get some pics taken of that too.

Oh, I got the G-Suit valve and hose too.  Anyone know where I can find
Mongo sized speed jeans? *laughs*