[simpits-tech] Dual Video Cards

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:02:31 +1200

At 12:23 PM 7/11/03 +0100, you wrote:

>Is there some trick to running two video cards under windows 2000 ?
>
>I've got a vanilla GeForce2-AGP as the primary card and have tried three
>different pci video cards as secondaries.
>
>Windows recognises the pci card - but I always get an error 10 - the
>device was unable to start.
>
>Any clues anyone??

The PCI card drivers need to support "multi-monitor".  Some do, some
dont.  There used to be a list of supported cards at Microsloth, but I
don't know if they still have one... and who can ever find anything there
anyway?

I got an old Matrox Millenium 2Mb (remember when they were cool?) running
with my Voodoo banshee :)

Sean.