Re[2]: [simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by Michi Hirczy.

Michi Hirczy simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:17:24 +0200

Hi, Albert!

A> Fantastic. Good to see what you have created. I can see how you have reinforced the top edge of the hull.

Yes, the whole pit is designed to support weights up to 100kg. I don't
want the pit to crash, if somebody slips during getting in/out.
If you look close, you will see that the top edge is a bit highter
than the original one - that's because (at the moment) I can't afford
Marv's great stick modification. The original Cougar moves much more
to all sides, so I had to make the edge higher to enable the full
movement without hitting the edge.

A> That last photo makes your pit so tiny compare to you.

uuhmm.. that's not me ;).. it's a friend of mine..
I'm actually about 40-50 kg lighter :)

A> Good news on the movie capture front. My friend's
A> "Dual processor + firewire dv camera" does a good job capturing the footage. We only tested it out tonight after we both finished work. The hard part is how to get all the raw footage back home to
A> edit (6 mins worth was about 1.9gig)...imagine an hour???

I can imagine...
but it's great, hearing good news

greetings
michi