[simpits-tech] Air Force One 707

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1215812166-1057282895=:81871

Steve,
That's what I thought. I shot some great video footage of it's last landing with a President in Waco TX when we were picking up the DC-8 and 747. Leroy has seen the vid. They had a cop with us to keep an eye on things, we were they only civilians in that part of the airfield, even the Raytheon employees had to leave. He was gonna make us leave too but said forget it, he was board  The 747 AF one landed behind the 707. They held a retirement ceremony but we couldn't't see it from our location. Later I taped the 707 starting its engines, then it taxied and took off. I filmed it make two farewell passes. Then half an hour later my Brother caught the 747 pit on fire and even the airport manager showed up to see what was going on! (not to mention the fire department, thank God for them!)

BTW, the retire flight was in August 01, during Bush's first Presidential summer vacation. Unless they had another one they retired later, but the COP told me that the plane was leaving for the Reagan museum in California.
Justin
---------------------------------
That's mostly right, except the Air Force one that you are referring to is
SAM 26000. Tail Number 27000 started presidential service in 1973 with Nixon,
Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton with Gorge W. Bush making the final flight
in Sept. 02 when it was retired.

Along with 27000 to be displayed at the Reagan Library in 2004 will be a
Marine One helicopter and a somewhat interesting F-15C Eagle. Oh, almost forgot a
707 simulator dressed out as AF One with a #26000 cockpit configuration.

Steve
f-4phantom

--0-1215812166-1057282895=:81871

<DIV>Steve,</DIV>
<DIV>That's what I thought. I&nbsp;shot some great video footage of it's last landing with a President in Waco TX when we were picking up the DC-8 and 747. Leroy has seen the vid.&nbsp;They had a cop with us to keep an eye on things, we were they only civilians in that part of the airfield, even the Raytheon employees had to leave. He was gonna make us leave too but said forget it, he was board &nbsp;The 747 AF one landed&nbsp;behind the 707. They held a retirement ceremony but we couldn't't see it from our location. Later I taped the 707 starting its engines, then it taxied and took off. I filmed it make two farewell passes. Then half an hour later my Brother caught the 747 pit on fire and even the airport manager showed up to see what was going on! (not to mention the fire department, thank God for them!) </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>BTW, the retire flight was in August 01, during Bush's first Presidential summer vacation. Unless they had another one they retired later, but the COP told me that the plane was leaving for the Reagan museum in California. </DIV>
<DIV>Justin</DIV>
<DIV>That's mostly right, except the Air Force one that you are referring to is <BR>SAM 26000. Tail Number 27000 started presidential service in 1973 with Nixon, <BR>Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton with Gorge W. Bush making the final flight <BR>in Sept. 02 when it was retired. <BR><BR>Along with 27000 to be displayed at the Reagan Library in 2004 will be a <BR>Marine One helicopter and a somewhat interesting F-15C Eagle. Oh, almost forgot a <BR>707 simulator dressed out as AF One with a #26000 cockpit configuration.<BR><BR>Steve <BR>f-4phantom<BR></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1215812166-1057282895=:81871--