[simpits-tech] F-16 MFD bezel prices...

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:21:56 +1200

At 01:10 PM 7/3/03 +0530, you wrote:
>Dear Al (et al),
>
>Vista is a modified F-16 which is designed as an In-Flight Simulator (yes,
>it is just a simulator except that it flies....a thing to look forward to
>for all Simpiters). It is only one of its kind. The front cockpit is for the
>simulated aircraft and the rear accommodates the safety pilot. Since the
>front cockpit has to emulate different aircraft, it is provided with a
>programmable center-stick as well as a new programmable side-stick. It also
>has a programmable HUD to be able to change symbology for the target
>aircraft.
>
>In-flight simulation is a very interesting subject (especially for those
>with an inclination towards feedback control theory and control augmentation
>systems). More when I have a little more time.

Didn't the RAF have something like that back in the 80's, all bolted into a
"Bassett" twin thingee....  Pilot in the Left seat had a stick which was
connected to the computer, while the right seat "safety pilot" had manual
controls...  I seem to remember seeing it in the BBC doco series "test
pilot".  The whole back of the cabin was full of this HUGE computer <g>

Sean.