[simpits-tech] Airpower 03

Sittisudjatum, Sukit simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:41:12 +0700

I asked the commander during my visit to RTAF Base last year.  He said the operation cost (including maintenance etc) is 5,000 USD for a ONE hour flight!  I saw 6 vipers on their training mission in the morning, and the same number in the afternoon .. each day.  They just have to do it this way to keep them with the best performance... I think

Man, if I have a chance, I might ask the guy who sit in front of me "sir, can you give me that maximum G?"  then I gray out with smile :)

Sukit Sittisudjatum
Founder, Thai Flight Simulator
www.thaiflight.com
Bangkok, Thailand

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert [mailto:shizznit@ihug.com.au]
Sent: 3 July 2003 1:39 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Airpower 03

Sukit,

That's the guy, Steve Erwin! He's an Australian. Nut case who cant stop say
"Crykey!".
40 minutes in a rear seat F16... I wonder how much will a ride like that
will cost the miltary?

The worst thing is. They probably dont appreciate it as much as someone like
us... imagine the guy in front flying the actress... anything more than 1.5
G and she will whinge in the backseat!

Cheers,

Al