[simpits-tech] Interesting find...

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:32:04 -0400

You need 4.060" by 4.060" to be perfect.

However, their are glass solutions for the MFD available now.  You just need
to be willing to spend $600 a pop for the glass and live with a 3.810"
vertical height.  Then you need a LVDS interface card to drive them.  So,
probably under $1000 each without bezels.

Then there are the switches and PC boards, etc.  I would guess a finished
product would be near $1500 each for functional MFDs.

Might be better than that, but I won't know until I am further along.  Also,
if you are really detail fanatics you probably will be somewhat disappointed
(the dimensions will be slightly off), but the military will love them and
that is my primary target.

Marv