[simpits-tech] Fidgeting with Phidgets...

Akin, Keenan L simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:26:40 -0600

Gene,

Are you sure that FSUIPC will work with CFS2?  From Dowson's site, it looks like it is geared for FS98/FS2000/FS2002 only.

Keenan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Buckle [mailto:geneb@deltasoft.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 4:15 PM
To: SIMPITS
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Fidgeting with Phidgets...

> I am just starting to look into using Phidgets for my pit.  I have gone
> to their web site but still have a few questions:
>
> 1.  Can I drive more than 8 servos?  How?

By using more PhidgeServo boards.  They come in 1, 4 and 8 servo flavors.
Up to the 128 USB device maximum can be used.

> 2.  How do you program the Phidgets to read data from CFS2?

I use Peter Dowson's FSUIPC (you can find it at http://www.schiratti.com)
to communicate with CFS, CFS2, FS98, FS2k and FS2k2.  Similar methods can
and are used for Fly!, Fly!2k, Fly! II, Falcon 4 and X-Plane 6.x

> 3.  How do you drive annunciator lights?

By getting data from the simulator and activating a light connected to a
PhidgetInterfaceKit.

> Any info that you think is good for a Phidget neophyte, please pass along.

Above all, Phidgets are VERY easy to use.