[simpits-tech] Fidgeting with Phidgets...

Chris Brace simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:19:55 +1300 (NZDT)

A few answers for you.

1. Yes more than 8 servo's is possible. Just buy another servo board, plug it
in and away you go. Each phidget device is identifed via a type and a serial
number. In software the Phidget manager traps a new device when it's connected
and you query the connection for the type and serial number, then assign it to
some role within your code.

2. Basically you integrate FSUIPC into your code that drives the phidgets.
I've done just this with my code for FS2002 and it works a treat (using VB)

3. Lights are driven from the Phidget I/O boards. You need to build a circuit
to power the lights and basically the i/o boards provide a ground. Essentially
when you turn on an output in your code your making the circuit complete.

Hope that helps.

Chris.