[simpits-tech] searching for a cockpit

new desk top simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:44:34 -0600

paul@dtsims.com

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Justin Messenger
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 9:25 AM
To: Simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] searching for a cockpit

Jonas,
To get a cockpit takes lots of searching on the net at
places such as barnstormers, Calling scrappers in
places like florida(which are normally a dead end.
they either wont sell or they want too much) and in my
case simply driving to a whole bunch of airports and
snooping around. I used to make a living driving
around the country so that was no problem for me at
the time. That is how Ezra, Steve, and I got our
cockpits. Another example is when I noticed 3 old
DC-8's sitting in Tulsa Oklahoma, I manged to have all
of the instruments saved by someone I knew and I got
some parts I needed. Gene got his F-15 while snooping
around at a museum. Also, the more you do this the
more contacts you make and the more you will hear of
leads.
Justin

> Hi:'
> Thanks for the offer though. I didn't get it,  some
one offered to send
him
> the downpayment faster than I was able to. I do have
one question though.
If
> in the future,  I will want to get one. How do I
search for one? Pick one
> out? Ask if I can get one? I would like to know the
process of how to get
> one of my own from a 74 that's being scrapped. How
much did you guys pay
for
> it from the scrapp yard. Thanks.
> Jonas

page.  Thanks!

------=_NextPart_000_00EB_01C2C5E8.B8E539B0
	filename="Paul A Miller.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Miller;Paul;A
FN:Paul A Miller
NICKNAME:Rightstuffer
ORG:Desk Top Sims
TITLE:President
TEL;WORK;VOICE:817-444-9028
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(817) 919-4939
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:817-919-4939
TEL;WORK;FAX:817-444-9018
ADR;WORK:;;2014 Greg St.;Azle;Texas;76020;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:2014 Greg St.=3D0D=3D0AAzle, =
Texas 76020=3D0D=3D0AUSA
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL:http://www.dtsims.com
BDAY:19650809