[simpits-tech] Force Feedback

Akin, Keenan L simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:28:22 -0600

Good idea.

Any idea that involves duct tape is bound to succeed.

From: Gene Buckle [mailto:geneb@deltasoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 4:29 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] Force Feedback

> That is what I was originally thinking but I have a concern that adding
> a longer stick to a FF stick will increase the moment arm so much that
> the FF pulses will be dampened out considerably.  I had an idea about
> using a stock FF stick unit (for FF controller purposes) remove the FF
> motors and interface the unit with relays that could switch 12v
> pneumatic solenoid valves.  The valves would then port air to actuators
> connected to the stick.

The cheapest way to test the theory is to get a 24" or so length of PVC
pipe that's large enough to fit over the joystick grip.  Duct tape it in
place and then fly some and see how it feels.  If it works, you've just
saved yourself a hatfull of money and a lot of work. :)

Oh, and don't forget to report to the list the results of the experiment.
*laughs*