[simpits-tech] Projector screens

Jim K. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:54:36 -0700

Hi Guys,
I see lots of talk about projectors.  For front projection there are tons
of options for inexpensive screens.   If you need something in the 1.0 to
1.3 gain range then you can use "blackout cloth" which you can get from any
fabrics shop.  Also you can paint an item using ultra high gloss white
paint.  If you go to www.dazian.com they have some inexpensive screen
fabrics.  I have samples of them all and their celtic cloth works
nicely.  I also have samples of about 30 of the expensive screen materials
and some of these home projects compare very well.   Another great option
is using a plastic sheet mfg by Parkland Plastics.  It is VERY popular
among the DIY crowd and is about a 1.3 gain material.   I compared it to a
$1500 screen and it wasn't bad.
Jim