[simpits-tech] Adapter Boxes

Ed Henderson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:09:35 -0500

Brian I may have misunderstood what you are looking for...  what parts
do you need?  I am also not sure about the purpose of  "the box", but I
assume that the box is the interface to connect  "civilian" headsets to
the computer and that this setup works.  I also assume that you have a
"military" helmet with mic and earphones and you need a female jack.  I
might just have one used female jack lying around in my garage???

There are only two ways to civilianize a military helmet....  buy a
converter...
http://www.watkinsaviation.com/wa/store/catalog/product.asp?PC=6505
$89.00
http://www.vargaair.com/85.html
$69.00
http://www.edmo.com/s6/s6-41.asp
$??.??

or replace the mic and earphones.
avg $70.00 for the mic
avg $40.00 for the earphones

Unfortunately all that stuff has "FAA PMA" stamped on it so YOU wind up
paying the liability insurance price.

Ed

--