[simpits-tech] Teaser pics...

Ed Henderson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:06:14 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_dNDiXJQU96v3SOYyetCjzw)

Gene, have you tried a white shower curtain?  Worked pretty good for me
for rear projection...   I have not tried a sheet for comparison.

Ed

Gene Buckle wrote:

>>Looks cool, Gene.  Are you rear projecting on the screen?
>>

>Yes.  This is our 3rd generation effort.  The first was a proof of concept
>where we hung a twin flat sheet from the cieling.  This worked out
>astonishingly well.  For the second version, we built a 8' x 3' frame that
>used a sheet of white .030 ABS plastic as the screen.  This didn't work
>out so well.  The plastic cut roughly 75% of the light passing through it.
>It was *very* hard to see if there was any light pollution at all, and it
>didn't show night scenes at all - not enough light was getting through the
>plastic.
>
>This new effort uses a 9' x 8' screen frame made of 2x4 and 6 "L" brackets
>per corner for strength.  The screen material is a queen sized flat sheet,
>made of 230 thread per inch fabric.  I hope to be able to test this on
>Saturday night.
>
>This screen will be positioned at the end of the nose instead of right in
>front of the windscreen like #2 was.  The hope is that the larger view
>will provide a more realistic view.
>
>BTW, the projectoion system consists of a second hand 800x600 LCD
>projection panel sitting atop a 4000 Lumen 3M Overhead Projector.  If
>you're going to do rear projection this way, 4000 Lumen is pretty much the
>minimum if you want good daylight scenes.
>
>g.

************************************
      ______________________
                ()
               (  )
               /  \
           Ed Henderson
        aircop@comcast.net
         Naples, Florida
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hangar
************************************

--Boundary_(ID_dNDiXJQU96v3SOYyetCjzw)

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Gene, have you tried a white shower curtain? &nbsp;Worked pretty good for me for
rear projection... &nbsp; I have not tried a sheet for comparison.<br>
Ed<br>
Gene Buckle wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.BSF.4.44.0301231438370.5205-100000@grumble.deltasoft.com">
    <pre wrap="">Looks cool, Gene.  Are you rear projecting on the screen?

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
[...]

<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
************************************
                ()
               (  )
               /  \
           Ed Henderson
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:aircop@comcast.net">aircop@comcast.net</a>
         Naples, Florida
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hangar">http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hangar</a>

--Boundary_(ID_dNDiXJQU96v3SOYyetCjzw)--