[simpits-tech] Simulator "manuals"?

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:16:09 -0500

This is just something I've thought about for that much-anticipated day when
I finally have the room and money for a pit, wondered if anyone does this. I
thought it would be a good idea to document everything about the pit, right
down to the wiring. Most of this would be done while the pit's being built.
Perhaps an extension of concept drawings. It would be similar to having
service manuals and schematics for real aircraft. Aside from being "cool" to
have "service manuals" for your pit :) it would make repair and modifications
a lot easier. A side benefit is it would be simple to upload parts of the
documentation for others to view, so they can see exactly how your pit is
made and get some ideas.

The only real problem I see with this is I am afraid since there are so many
new ideas and changes all the time, the project would get way ahead of the
docs and you'd end up with broken docs.

Anyone doing this?

	-Matt Bailey