[simpits-tech] Happy Day

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:50:31 +1300

>The open day at Bruntingthorpe airfield on May 4th will have TWO EE
>Lightnings doing fast taxi runs - slavver droooool!

And you took photo's right?........

>I've discovered that my ejector seat has LIVE cartridges in the ejector
>gun. That'll be fun to take care of! (around July 4th eh!?).

Nah thats easy, see that yellow and black handle on the headrest?.......
I'm sure you get where this is headed :)

>Thanks to my wife's eagle eye, I've managed to 'discover' several valuable
>numbers and markings hidden under several layers of paint. Careful sanding
>made them visible enough to read - and they confirm that my FGA.4 was
>indeed upgraded to an FGA.6

That is cool when you find numbers.  The Queenair had all it's US Army
numbers painted over, but being an ex-VIP bird it had been polished that
much that the overspray didn't stick that well.  It was really cool when I
stood back after a couple of hours of restoration and looked at the placard
below the cockpit window "U.S. ARMY U-8F USA SERIAL No 62-23855"  Very cool
day indeed :)

Oh, I saw some pics of your pit on the wrecksnwrelics group at
yahoospamgroups, don't recall who took them though.

Sean.