[simpits-tech] F16 DED

Mark Doran simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:55:14 -0800

The ones that I have found with one or two lines instead of all five in
one unit have a "vertical development" problem as opposed to a
horizontal one...I haven't found one where you can butt the display
surfaces together to keep the height manageable (the displays are mostly
mounted on PCBs that are larger than the display windows).

If the 5x26 unit really can't fit under the glare shield somehow, then
the other option I've been thinking about is going with a disemboweled
pocket PC and then using something like the moral equivalent of Erwin's
F4 glass for PocketPC (similar plan already in flight for RWR anyway
;-).  In other words, small form factor bitmapped display instead of LCD
character based.

> I'm sure if you looked you could find one.  I'm not that familiar with
LCD
> displays.

The Viper troops obviously need some higher horsepower help on this one
from the Eagle drivers about the place, eh?? <GDR> ;-)

Cheers,

Mark.