[simpits-tech] german

Michi Hirczy simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:19:46 +0100

> Nice website!

thx craig, I do (nearly) my best ;).

> One of your pics is a disassembled ASI.  I just bought an altimeter which
> looks very similar to the ASI.  I'm looking into driving the unit with
> pneumatics without modifying the guts.  I started to disassemble the unit;
> got the face cover and glass off.  It doesn't look like the mechanism slides
> out of the housing without removing indicator hands and dial faces(terms
> ??).   Do you(or anyone)know how to do this.  I want to get to the bellows
> and see if I can alter it to run from pressure rather than vacuum.

hmm.. as you wrote, I got it already disassembled. the housing is
broken, and all the other small parts within the altimeter, too, so the
mechanics acutally "float" free within the housing.
that's why I got it for $10,-. but the needles are still good, so I can
drive it through a servo.

if you saw the pic of the ASI, on the page is also a pic of an ADI, and
this item was complete. I started to disassemble it last weekend, most
of the mechanics has been fastened at the backside of the housing. I had
to remove everything at the back, to get the mechanics out at the front
- maybe this is some help for you, sorry I couldn't do more for you.

greetings
michi

--
%  http://www.f16simulator.net  %