Re[2]: [simpits-tech] Falcon 5 - for you Gene

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:12:36 -0800 (PST)

> check this out:
> http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36253&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
>
> GB> Well for the sake of the F-16 fans, I hope it comes out, but I'm not
> GB> really going to believe it until I see the boxes on the shelves.

Hehhe.  If I *really* wanted the sources, I'm sure a short hunt would put
the zipfile in my hands.  There really isn't much interesting in the F4
base.  I would much rather put my time and effort behind such projects as
MiG Alley and Battle of Britain.  These two products have been legally
released by the original publisher (Rowan).

Personally, I think that all the talent going into the F4 mods should
spend some of their time working with the FlightGear group.  Had they
started working with the FGFS crew even a year ago, they'd have an F-16
simulator that could beat the commercial guys stupid.  The developer of
JBSim (Jon Berndt) which is one of the flight engines in FGFS even worked
on the digital flight control system software that was used in the
military F-16 simulators.  You can't get much better than that.

g.