[simpits-tech] 109 sim help

Jonas Frazier simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:36:20 -0700

Hi:
I was wondering if any one has any suggestions as of how to make the out
side views. I know about the front, but what about the top,  and sides. the
109 canopy is hinged on the right side. A moniter would be too heavy. I
thought about having an opening in the back and just slide in,  but that
would be too complicated.
I'm almost finished with my prototype canopy that I made out of cardboard.
I'll take some pics,  and post 'em as soon as I'm done
How whould control the pitch,  wire the control column for the pitch and
roll? Or as us real life pilots call it,  the Horizontal,  and lateral axis.
Would pentonometers work,  or are there any pads that when pressed down in a
certain direction they send a signal to the sim as of what axis movements
are being made?
I found a pair of authentic 109 pedals on barnstormers. they are $150 for
the pair. Are they worth it? Or should I make some prints,  and have some
one machine me  a copy so that I don't harm the originals?
There is a 190 rear canopy on barnstormers.com. go to the warbirds section,
then check either the focke wulf,  or messershmitt page. Take care.
Jonas