[simpits-tech] Cougar

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:12:18 -0600

I would definitely start out by changing all the pots for Hall sensors.
They make life much easier and the pot issue is solved permanently.
There are some mods out there for taking away the clunky 12, 3, 6, and 9
o'clock trouble spots.  The best (and most expensive) is the evenstrain
mod by a guy over at Frugal's Cougar world.  Only problem is he is doing
a run of 25 right now and doesn't know if he will do another or not.
This mod is somehwhere around $300-$350 but solves all those problems.
Part of the mod is swapping out the pots for HS, but I can't remember if
that's included in the price.  I have two cougars, one stock and one
with HS and the Uber mod (see cougar world, I also posted pics on
simpits as well).  The mod makes a big difference, but the clunky spots
are still there, but better.  For $350, I'll wait for Marv's force
sensing mod and use the stock cougar for that and keep the modded cougar
for desktop play or 2nd person network play.  I have a right aux panel
tucked away for the day Marv's mod is out and my tub is done.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Inventmd@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 12:56 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] Cougar

Well guy's, Just joined the ranks of being a Cougar owner.......
Mixed feelings.... Cool metal construction, but I can't shoot sh*t.
Must be
the heavy springs and the "clunky zones" at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
I understand I can modify the stick, but perhaps I can just get used to
it.....
Anyone else out there "train" themselves past this problem and "got used
it"?  Or do I have to do the spring thing?

John