[simpits-tech] Gun Sight update

Keenan Akin simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:55:43 -0600

--------------060104030800090306090404

As far as the internal optical details, I'm not sure.  I am a crew
station designer but I am not an optics expert.

Matt Bailey wrote:

>How did it work in real life?
>
>	-Matt Bailey
>
>On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 20:49, Keenan Akin wrote:
>
>>Just received my gun sight reflector glass from Surplus Shed.  Looks
>>very nice.  However, when I tried it out, I had the same problem as with
>>the plexiglas (double image).  Initially disappointed, I experimented
>>around with various lenses and such and I think I may have stumbled upon
>>something.  When I hold the reflector about 20 inches away from the
>>reticle source and hold a fresnel lens (the cheap plastic type used for
>>reading small type), the double image seems to go away.  Of course, the
>>reticle image is way too big at this point.  So, my next step is to make
>>a very small reticle.  This should allow me to place the lens and the
>>reflector in their appropriate location and produce the correct size
>>reticle reflection.  Stay tuned for developments.
>>
>>Keenan

>.

--------------060104030800090306090404

<head>
</head>
As far as the internal optical details, I'm not sure. &nbsp;I am a crew station
designer but I am not an optics expert.<br>
K<br>
Matt Bailey wrote:<br>

--------------060104030800090306090404--