[simpits-tech] Gun Sight update

Keenan Akin simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:54:05 -0600

--------------050206030609010502030705

Thanks Gene.  That's what I suspected.  I am spending a lot of time
today on basic structural stuff but when I redo some of the gun sight, I
will let you know how it works.

Gene Buckle wrote:

>If it's any help, when I display the symbology data through my HUD, it's
>as wide as the combining glass, but the input image is only about an inch
>across.
>
>g.
>

>On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Keenan Akin wrote:
>
>>Just received my gun sight reflector glass from Surplus Shed.  Looks
>>very nice.  However, when I tried it out, I had the same problem as with
>>the plexiglas (double image).  Initially disappointed, I experimented
>>around with various lenses and such and I think I may have stumbled upon
>>something.  When I hold the reflector about 20 inches away from the
>>reticle source and hold a fresnel lens (the cheap plastic type used for
>>reading small type), the double image seems to go away.  Of course, the
>>reticle image is way too big at this point.  So, my next step is to make
>>a very small reticle.  This should allow me to place the lens and the
>>reflector in their appropriate location and produce the correct size
>>reticle reflection.  Stay tuned for developments.
>>
>>Keenan

>.

--------------050206030609010502030705

<head>
</head>
Thanks Gene. &nbsp;That's what I suspected. &nbsp;I am spending a lot of time today
on basic structural stuff but when I redo some of the gun sight, I will let
you know how it works.<br>
K<br>
Gene Buckle wrote:<br>

--------------050206030609010502030705--