[simpits-tech] Motion...

Craig Rochester simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:45:41 -0500

returning if to the level position; this is called "washout".

Craig R.

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of Joseph Fagner
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 10:55 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] Motion...

Think about this for a minute (granted I realize this is probably overly
simplistic and the math is infinitely more complex):  Most software out
there has the 4 axis of data (not to be confused with the axis of evil)
one might need for motion.  Couldn't one just write some software to
read this data and translate that to motion?  The data to which I refer
is (1) pitch and (2) roll  (X and Y axis); via your artificial horizon
instrument.  (3) Yaw (Z axis), via your compass and (4) altitude via the
altimeter.

Jay