[simpits-tech] Gun Sight update

Keenan Akin simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:49:13 -0600

Just received my gun sight reflector glass from Surplus Shed.  Looks
very nice.  However, when I tried it out, I had the same problem as with
the plexiglas (double image).  Initially disappointed, I experimented
around with various lenses and such and I think I may have stumbled upon
something.  When I hold the reflector about 20 inches away from the
reticle source and hold a fresnel lens (the cheap plastic type used for
reading small type), the double image seems to go away.  Of course, the
reticle image is way too big at this point.  So, my next step is to make
a very small reticle.  This should allow me to place the lens and the
reflector in their appropriate location and produce the correct size
reticle reflection.  Stay tuned for developments.

Keenan