[simpits-tech] Projector question

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:02:24 +0000

If you figure out how to do this, Sean, you should definitely write up
something for everyone else! I know for a lot of sim units the portability
of the projector is less of an issue, but the bulb cost definitely is. I
know I would like to be able to do this!

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: Sean Galbraith <sean.g@paradise.net.nz>
To: Simpits List <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: [simpits-tech] Projector question
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:26:10 +1300

I have been pulling my projector apart to see if there is a way of fitting a
non-standard (read "cheaper") lamp to it, as mine blew it's arse (that's
"ass" for our american-english readers) a month or so back :)

I got all the safeguards tricked, except the one which tests for a suitable
load on the lamp line.....  Anyone got any idea of what sort of voltage /
current these lamps pull?  I figure that if I can add a suitable load to the
line then I can fool the projector into thinking that the bulb is in
place.... Then I can add an external light source (space is not a
concern...) in an enclosure out of the top the unit (with it's own cooling
setup and power source, probably 230VAC and lots of watts...)

Any ideas suggestions (preferably not lewd and/or involving sheep or trout)
or ideas......

Sean