[simpits-tech] F-16 parts

Chris Crowley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:36:07 -0500

Jonus,
I A-10 has no equivalent now or in the future. It is essentially a tank
buster designed around that 30mm monster canon. It seems to me that the F-16
has range and carry limitations as compared to the F-15E (which also has no
equal in the western world). However, It does carry bombs and does CAS,
perhaps not as well as the A-10, but it does that role as well as many
others.  The JSF will replace the conventional Hornet and work alongside the
Super SIZED Hornet (which replaces the F-14 <GRIN>) until it retires.

v/r

Chris Crowley

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of Jonas Frazier
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 9:18 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] F-16 parts

I think that the ol' hog can't easily be replaced. My dad went to A-10
flight school, didn't graduate for reasons unknown,  but he said that the
hog was a rugged and very reliable attack. The hog is like the panavia
Tornado. Both excellent aircraft in their roles. Besides,  the F-16 wasn't
designed to have bombs strapped under it's wings,  can't opperate from
unconventional airfiels,  or can't do close air support.
I know the Navy will be getting them. I heard the wan't to use 'em to use
along side with the Hornet. It's just like the A-6,  when the F/A-18 was
entered into service. Thanks.
Jonas