[simpits-tech] Ready made gauges

Ken Trager simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:30:26 -0800

Gene

> Actually, the VOR stuff belongs inside the ADI.  That's why they call them
> "flight directors" - they're artificial horizons with localizer and
> glideslope needles in them.

Actually, for the King Air HSI - there is VOR 1 or VOR 2 (It is selectable)
is in the HSI.

For the Flight Director in the ADI- Raw localizer displacement data from the
navigation
receiver (HSI display) is amplified appromately 7 1/2 times to permit the
expanded
localizer point to be used as a sensitive reference indicator with respect
to the center
of the localizer.

It is normally used for assessment only, since the pointer is very sensitive
and difficult to fly
throughout the entire approach. (This means hand flying the APPR with the FD
bars, you should
use the HSI for NAV info and the ADI for pitch and roll info )

The flight director is used because it shows computed steering infomation to
provide the commands
required to intercept and maintain a desires flight path.

I quote this from my King Air Flight Manual I got when I went to
FlightSafety for SIC Training

I am not worring about getting the flight director to work because all to
need is the HSI
I have flown many aircraft with a HSI and did not need a Flight Director.

> I've never heard of "TLG" before.  How long will it take to arrive once
> shipped?

It was only one of the two options for shiping. UPS Express and TLG
It was cheaper for this then UPS - I do not know how all it will take

Ken Trager