[simpits-tech] Lets see how deep your pockets are

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 05:55:54 -0500

The F-16 canopy has 3 layers to it typically.  The top is a thin (about
3/16") plexiglass layer.  The second is a yellow/gold vinyl radar reflecting
layer about 1/8" thick.  The third is about 1/2 to 3/4" thick.

Typical cracking can occur in the outer layer, if it has not been removed.

This canopy may be something special and not a layered design, although.

Weighs in about 200 lbs.

Go for it if you want it Rob.

Marv