[simpits-tech] Roger Wilco and game sound

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:10:32 -0500

--=====================_5887213==_.ALT

hi,

i run roger wilco on a separate computer, with its own sound card. it's a
good use for any additional computers (including laptops) you have lying
around.

the two computers are connected with a router, and both see the internet
for net-based game play.

it works just the way you would like, but the people you 'wilco with will
hear your "ambient" sounds whenever you speak.

i have managed to find an adequate "ambient" volume which allows VOX
activation through 'wilco, so the setup works just fine for me, but your
opinion might differ for the "ambient" volume level.

it's killer for MMROPGs

  - adm -

At 10:22 AM 1/14/03 -0600, you wrote:
>I just recently got an email from the GameSpy folks (makers of Roger Wilco)
>responding to a question I had about separating Roger Wilco voice sound from
>the simulation sounds.  I would like to run the game sound in my pit through
>speakers set at a realistic volume.  However, I would also like to hear the
>Roger Wilco voice sound through my headset.  They said that RW has no such
>available options but that it could be accomplished by having 2 sound cards
>or by using the settings of your sound card tools.  Does anyone have any
>sound card experience that could be useful here?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Keenan
>page.  Thanks!

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_5887213==_.ALT

hi,<br><br>
i run roger wilco on a separate computer, with its own sound card. it's a
good use for any additional computers (including laptops) you have lying
around.<br><br>
the two computers are connected with a router, and both see the internet
for net-based game play.<br><br>
it works just the way you would like, but the people you 'wilco with will
hear your &quot;ambient&quot; sounds whenever you speak. <br><br>
i have managed to find an adequate &quot;ambient&quot; volume which
allows VOX activation through 'wilco, so the setup works just fine for
me, but your opinion might differ for the &quot;ambient&quot; volume
level.<br><br>
it's killer for MMROPGs<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 10:22 AM 1/14/03 -0600, you wrote:<br>
the GameSpy folks (makers of Roger Wilco)<br>
responding to a question I had about separating Roger Wilco voice sound
from<br>
the simulation sounds.&nbsp; I would like to run the game sound in my pit
through<br>
speakers set at a realistic volume.&nbsp; However, I would also like to
hear the<br>
Roger Wilco voice sound through my headset.&nbsp; They said that RW has
no such<br>
available options but that it could be accomplished by having 2 sound
cards<br>
or by using the settings of your sound card tools.&nbsp; Does anyone have
any<br>
sound card experience that could be useful here?<br><br>
Thanks,<br><br>
Keenan<br>