[simpits-tech] HUD/Reflector Gun Sight question

Akin, Keenan L simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:46:36 -0600

Not sure as I haven't been pricing instruments much (I'm building my own).
I use eBay as a good indicator (no pun intended) of market value.  If you
are looking to have a working altimeter for your pit, I would either build
or buy a servo driven sim instrument.  Probably much more cost effective
than trying to mod a real one.

BTW,  I ordered a gun sight combiner lens from Surplus Shed (only $5)!
Thanks for the info on this place.  They have a lot of great stuff.  I can't
wait to experiment with my DIY gun sight!

Keenan

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Rochester [mailto:johncraigroch@msn.com]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 3:35 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] HUD/Reflector Gun Sight question

Your wellcome Keenan,

I was browsing the misc. section of http://www.surplusshed.com and saw some
altimeters:

http://www.surplusshed.com/images/items/M2062_1.jpg
KOLLSMAN MILITARY PRESSURE ALTIIMITER, 2.9" FACE - New This Week!
Item No.: M2062  Good working condition. These were taken out of military
aerial cameras. Made by Kollsman Instrument Corp. Range is -1000 feet to
+80,000 feet. Clear front face is 2.9" diameter. Only have a few. Price:
$65.00

http://www.surplusshed.com/images/items/M2063_1.jpg
ASTEK MILITARY PRESSURE ALTIIMITER, 2.9" FACE - New This Week!
Item No.: M2063  Good working condition. These were taken out of military
aerial cameras. Made by Astek Instrument Corp. Range is -1000 feet to
+80,000 feet. Clear front face is 2.9" diameter. Only have a few. Price:
$65.00

Are these good instruments?  How's the $65 price?  I may buy one to play
with.

Craig R.