[simpits-tech] HUD/Reflector Gun Sight question

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:06:12 -0800 (PST)

> At the risk of asking something that has been asked/answered before (I am
> new to the list), does anyone have experience with DIY HUDs or Reflector
> Sights?  The two questions I have are:
>
> 1.  How do you get rid of the double reticle image (due to reflection from
> both near and far surfaces of the reflector glass)?

This is controlled by the refractive properties of the combining glass.
AFAIK, the front surface is just a bit more reflective than the rear
surface.

> 2.  How do you focus the reticle at infinity (so that it appears in focus
> with the view on the projector screen)?

A standard HUD or gunsight is already focused at infinity.  You need to
focus it to the face of the screen you're displaying the exterior images
on.

g.