[simpits-tech] cockpits kept outside

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:52:52 -0800 (PST)

If it has carpet in it, it will smell like wet/rotten
carpet. So the answer is, yes. How it smells also
depends on its location, the desert VS the humid/wet
locations. However, if you clean up the cockpit it's
not really a problem. I have also noticed that larger
cockpits like my DC-8 tend to keep that "airplane"
smell better.
Justin

hi,

looking at those cockpits with no windhields and
exposed to the weather, i
wonder if the interiors start to smell after awhile.

i know this from my junkyard experience, but the smell
is usually from the
carpeting, seating, almost anything soft or fabric.