[simpits-tech] ACTUNG! MACHINEN SPITZNSPARKEN!

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:30:52 -0500

--B_3125079052_3387296

That is kind of sad.  Sort of a right of passage for me, although, I stopped
at 13 wpm when I took my Advanced and now that will qualify me for Extra
Class ticket if I want it.  Maybe I should take the written and get it over
with.  Probably a lot of Extra Class ticket holders that are grumbling about
the relaxation of the 20 wpm.  Now this.

Then again, I never really got the code bug, but I enjoy HF (20 meter,
mostly) a lot more than VHF/UHF.

Need to get a large tower to put my HF antenna up since we moved.  We live
in a pretty dense forest and the trees are way tall!

Marv
N3NVY

On 1/10/03 8:11 PM, "Ed Henderson" <aircop@comcast.net> wrote:

> Gene,
>
> I didn't know you were a ham...
>
> I heard that the code test is going to disappear in the very near future???
>
> Ed
>
> KE4MGM
>
> Gene Buckle wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Marv De Beque wrote:
>>

>>> Hey, Gene, are you are ham?  No pun intended.
>>>

>> Yes.  I've held the callsign KC7AFE since 1994.  Technician class license.
>> If I ever get off my butt and take the code test, I'd like to someday
>> upgrade to at least General.
>>
>> g.

>> Thanks!

--B_3125079052_3387296

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [simpits-tech] ACTUNG! &nbsp;MACHINEN SPITZNSPARKEN!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">That is kind of sad. &nbsp;Sort of a right of passage =
for me, although, I stopped at 13 wpm when I took my Advanced and now that w=
ill qualify me for Extra Class ticket if I want it. &nbsp;Maybe I should tak=
e the written and get it over with. &nbsp;Probably a lot of Extra Class tick=
et holders that are grumbling about the relaxation of the 20 wpm. &nbsp;Now =
this.<BR>
<BR>
Then again, I never really got the code bug, but I enjoy HF (20 meter, most=
ly) a lot more than VHF/UHF.<BR>
<BR>
Need to get a large tower to put my HF antenna up since we moved. &nbsp;We =
live in a pretty dense forest and the trees are way tall!<BR>
<BR>
Marv<BR>
N3NVY<BR>
<BR>
On 1/10/03 8:11 PM, &quot;Ed Henderson&quot; &lt;aircop@comcast.net&gt; wro=
te:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Gene, <BR>
<BR>
I didn't know you were a ham...<BR>
<BR>
I heard that the code test is going to disappear in the very near future???=
<BR>
<BR>
Ed<BR>
<BR>
KE4MGM<BR>
<BR>
Gene Buckle wrote:<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Marv De Beque wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Hey, Gene, are you are ham? &nbsp;N=
o pun intended.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
Yes. &nbsp;I've held the callsign KC7AFE since 1994. &nbsp;Technician class=
 license.<BR>
If I ever get off my butt and take the code test, I'd like to someday<BR>
upgrade to at least General.<BR>
<BR>
g.<BR>
<BR>