[simpits-tech] BF-109 Sim help

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:19:15 -0800 (PST)

> Mr Buckle:
> Hi here is your reminer. So what do I need to do,  and where do I start with
> planing this? Where do I get some cockpit dimentions? I looked on the
> simpits site,  but was unable to find any. Thanks.Are there any place to get
> working "clock" instruments? Thanks.
> Jonas

Jonas, there is a great model building resource online and I can't recall
what it's called. :(  I bought nearly all the Bf-109 info they had,
including a couple of nice photo packs.  The data is aimed at the model
builder, but there's enough there for a cockpit.

When I get home tonight I'll post the address of the site.

The http://www.bf109.com site has a LOT of good data.  Unfortunately, it
hasn't been updated for quite some time.  Maybe you can reach the site
admin and get him to start updating again. :)

For other than gross dimensions, you're going to have to scale up existing
drawings of the aircraft.  One of the sheets that you can buy is a 1/72nd
three-view drawing of an Emil that can be easily used to get the cockpit
former shapes from.

A Bf-109E4 is on my list of cockpits to build so I'm anxious to see how
you do yours. :)

g.