[simpits-tech] 2nd video card

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:54:49 -0800 (PST)

Sean,

I have used 2 cards with FS98 and CFS1 trouble free
for a long time. One moitor shows the outside forward
view and the other shows the main instrument panel.
When I try to boot FS02 with the two video cards
installed it locks up.

Justin

1st, you will need a PCI card for your secondary, and
it will have to have
drivers which allow it to work as a  secondary
display.
FS won't work very well with a 3d window on the second
display, so 3d is
not really a consideration, but you can quite happily
use panels etc on a
second display.  (I have run with an old dog Matrox
Millennium 2Mb card
with panels on it and it was fine)

Oh and when you get multi mon going (see I said "when"
not "if") I've got a
2 screen F-4 panel for you to have a look at ;-)

Sean.