[simpits-tech] Offtopic posts... a solution

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:44:03 +0100

An other solution have just presented it selv here...

I haved talked to one of my co-workers and he might be willing to help
out here with the html/asp side of the following (if other can do asp
with ms-sql server as database and have some time, please step in):

Design a system where we can "cross-post" from a forum based thing to
email list (and perhaps news in time), this would you the access you
most prefere and a searchable archive as well - but im pressed for time
and dont know much about asp aswell.

This is what i can do...

-Design the database
-Read mails, and put them in the database
-read the database and send mail / news
-host this thing here
-provide a mailling list for the dev team.

what i would want you to do
- Design / write asp (i have some ideas on how to design the pages it
selv, but dont have the asp knowhow)
- Commit to working on this, until atleast 1 stable version is out

what i would like everybody else to do
-provide ideas for functionality
-be testers
-give response on ideas

is this a good idea? and who would step up to the plate?

/Stig