[simpits-tech] Wiring of POT and EPL

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:15:35 -0800 (PST)

> I now it's a rotary encoder... and it is what i use... with a push button...
>
> In other words.. i need help on connect POT and ENCODERS to the EPIC
> and the code for it... - help please ;o)

You misunderstood Frank, It's a *synchro*.  This is a 400Hz AC device that
reports a position by the difference between two opposed sine waves.
EPIC _cannot_ directly control such a device.  The only way to interpret
the output of a synchro transmitter (right now) is to use a Digital To
Synchro converter.  These cost about $900 each.

g.