[simpits-tech] Nyaa! First instrument :)

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:51:14 +0000 (GMT)

With much glee I am pleased to report that using a phidget servo
controller and a few lines of Delphi, I now have a working VSI, and this
ROCKS!

The servo's react too quickly, the movement of the needle feels wrong so I
suspect each instrument will need a 'personality' built into the driver
code to mimic damping etc but one step at a time :)

Oh, for any UK pitters out there who don't want to get into phidgets, I
see that both CPC and Maplin offer a serial servo-driver board for about
35UKP.

Had to share!

Roy.