[simpits-tech] RE: SR-71

Jim K. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:13:38 -0700

Brian,
I know/knew quite a few SR pilots and some of their "war" stories are
great.   The vehicle wasn't really a "monster" to fly.  :-)  But it did
have its moments and you had to pay attention to everything.   It could get
twitchy whenever it had asymmetrical power and at that speed things happen
quickly.    The cockpit is small and cramped and nothing but dial
gauges.  One small course error and you were way off course very
fast.   VERY cool stuff.
Jim

 >>>>Message: 3
From: "Brian Sikkema" <hangr18@hotmail.com>
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] SR-71 Manual online
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:48:19 +0000
Very cool!
I gotta say, though, if there is one plane I wouldn't want to build a pit
for, its the Habu. I mean, yeah, its an AWESOME aircraft (one of, if not
THE, best ever), but from everything I've seen and heard, the thing was a
MONSTER to fly. An accurate simulation would be more work than fun, because
you'd know in the back of your head that you weren't REALLY going Mach
3000000. ;)
My .02$