[simpits-tech] FS 2002 aircraft design

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:33:09 +1300

>will have to start the downloading process,  has anyone on the group
>designed and finished working aircraft for flightsim,

Yes, well sortof.... it is an "aircraft" in FS terms... I built a Hummer
for FS2002, as well as a good bunch of scenery objects ;-)

>if so is it easy or will i beat my head against a wall trying to achieve the
>impossible

Steep learning curve if you have never done any 3d CAD before, not too bad
if you have.  BIG first tip is to follow some tutorials (depending on the
download there should be a simple P-38 to build, which helped me a heap!)
There are also some good tutorials on animation and texturing at
http://www.freeflightdesign.com/

What aircraft are you planning?

Sean.