[simpits-tech] Building large Warbird Sims?

Jonas Frazier simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:13:10 -0700

Hi:
With just looking at the B-25 ad on, I was wondering if there is a way to
make a sim for a large warbird, such as a B-17, B-24, B-29. Is there a way
to build all the "stations" and then network them into a single sim.
For example in the B-29, there is the Bombardier Aircraft Commander/Pilot,
Co-Pilot(pilot officialy), navigator, flight engineer, and radio operator in
the nose, while there was the Left gunner, Right Gunner, Fire Central
Commander (he's the guy on the barbershop type chair that controls the
different turrets for those gunners) and the radar operator(on late WW2
B-29s) and then the tail gunner in a compartment by him self.
How would a B-29 for example be built so that all the stations work
simultaniously with the flying aspect of the sim? I think that this would be
an interesting project to figure out how to do, and build.
I'm only picking the B-29 for example because my grandfather's brother was
killed in '45 over Tokyo in a 29.
Sorry for the long post.
Jonas
P.S is there any sim for the -29, or can something like CFS2002, or FS2002
be used with a -29 ad on?