[simpits-tech] VB Code to strip digits apart

Craig Rochester simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:12:20 -0500

Thanks y'all for the information on programming languages.

I'd like to ask a very specific question.  I'm trying to figure out a cheap way to do a couple of
high resolution analog outputs.  I've been able to work up a rig that uses a second sound card to
drive voltage output.  I have a small app that gernerates a sinewave output to the line out.  I use
a salvaged stereo amp to amplify the signal and then rectify the amps output.  By changing the
volume(amplitude) of the sound cards output I generate a 0-9 VDC signal.  I can drive the output
through a "Volume Control" like windows app, but I can't figure out how to spice it to the Facon4
memreader code.

Questions:

* Does anyone know of source code to initialize a second sound card(DX preferred)?

* Is there a way to individually control each of the stereo(or quad) channel other than
volume/balance/fader.  I.e. I'd like   to write code to send a proportional volume setting to each
channel separately.

Any help greatly appreciated.  The phidgets type 8-bit resolution is too course for a couple of
outputs I need.

Craig R.