[simpits-tech] VB Code to strip digits apart

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:13:51 +0100

> Well I don't care what kind of Tinkerbell magic they use in
> their tests, there is no way in hell they're going to
> convince me that a byte-code intepreted program is faster
> than the same program running on bare metal.

Gene, Gene, nowadays programs run under control of the OS. Change OS, and it
will make a difference :)

> There's a *reason* marketing people need to be killed as soon
> as they're identified. ;)

Even if they tell the truth, the whole thruth and nothing but the truth??
Not that I have even met one :)

> > On the other hand, there is nothing more fun than writing
> blindingly
> > fast highly optimized C++ code :)
> >
> Pfft.  What write C++ when you can do it in assembler? :)

Yep, on a mc with only 4K of RAM :)

> Has Borland given any ETA?  I'm avoiding buying v7 just for
> that reason.

Not official, but I have heared guesses Delphi.NET will ship somewhere
around Q4 this year.

Erwin.