[simpits-tech] CAD

Steve Wilson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:53:32 -0500

One other alternative that is cheap (free for the first 25 saves) is Rhino3D (www.rhino3d.com).  The learning curve is not so steep as in Autocad, and the results can be quite astonishing.  It also allows, with a little work, to create dimensioned objects.  This is strictly 3D.  25 saves is more than enough for basic cockpit design, and the models can be exported to a ton of different formats.  It is expensive at around $600 depending on where you get it, though, but a lot less expensive than AutoCAD.  Perhaps it's just me, but I find working with the NURBS format of Rhino a lot easier than with polygons.

Steve
(lurking mode ON)  ;-)
--
Steve Wilson, mafsix@attbi.com on 02/18/2003